Problems We Solve
Risk-Based Supervision requires a dynamic, cyclical process where the emphasis is on understanding and anticipating the possible risks.
- There is a need for industry wide and peer group risk reporting to provide a macro view of risk.
- The demands on supervisors have grown rapidly and have been extended to new risk categories.
- Supervisors need a structured way to identify and assess risks so that they can allocate scarce supervisory resources.
Supervisors can identify risks early and instruct the regulated entity to act to mitigate identified risks.
- Define a risk framework and KRIs per sector that are then auto-calculated on a quarterly/annual basis.
- Includes templates for inspections that allow supervisors to record the key results of each inspection against each risk category.
- Industry-wide risk rating reports that show the impact and probability for all entities in each sector.
Set Impact and Gather Risk Data
- An impact score (1-4) for each regulated entity is set annually by the supervisor based on appropriate metrics per sector (e.g. for Banking use BIS Guidelines for DSIBs).
- Quantitative data required to calculate KRIs is scheduled for collection from regulated entities on a quarterly basis.
- Regulated entities enter the required data via web forms or upload data from MS Excel.
- Data is automatically validated for completeness and correctness.
- Automatically generate reminders for upcoming and overdue data.
KRI Review and Assessment
- Once risk data is submitted, KRIs are automatically calculated based on previously calibrated thresholds.
- Each entity’s supervisor is notified to review the KRIs and pending risk profile and record their recommendation.
- Each KRI value for a Regulated Entity can be easily compared to other entities in its peer group or sector.
- Once all KRI assessments for a period are completed, the line manager reviews and can override, approve or reject the supervisor’s KRI assessment.
- On approval of the KRI assessment, the overall Risk Profile of an entity is updated.
Risk Dashboard & Reporting
- The system provides industry reporting on completed Risk Profiles.
- The following reports are available and can be easily filtered by sector & peer groups, regulated entity and time period:
- Industry Risk Dashboard – overview of regulated entities’ Risk Profile over time.
- Risk Breakdown – list-view which allows the regulator to drill into impact and risk ratings per category and sub-category.
- KRI Trend Analysis – choose a KRI and see how a particular entity rates against a selected peer group and entire industry over time.
Learn more about Vizor's solution for risk-based supervision and how technology is enabling new approaches.
Vizor Software has been architected and developed to the highest international standards, incorporating best practice development methodologies and utilising modern enterprise-class technologies.
Supports Microsoft SQL Server as the backend database system.
Including encryption, CAPTCHA, Active Directory and 2-factor authentication.
Highly scaleable to handle heavy usage and peak periods.
Integrates with downstream systems including DMS, MDM and payment.